The colors of the desert and Red Rock come alive under the setting of the sun. This ATV tour can also be modified easily for the first time or family rides.
- Half Day- Jeep-UTV SELECT NUMBER OF VEHICLES-price includes one driver and one passenger. Two additional passengers can be added.
Live a new adventure in Backcountry!
If you are looking to get off the beaten path, see the Backcountry of Southern Utah and get a bit dirty and dusty then this adventure is perfect for you. You will get to see amazing sites that no other adventure tour will take you to see.
You can either drive or be a passenger with our seasoned adventure tour guide in the luxury of a Can Am side by side UTV.
Our Backcountry adventure tour will take you through the twists and turns of Warner Valley and stop to explore the amazing 190 Million-year-old authentic dinosaur tracks! Then over to see a historic fort from the Black Hawk War. You might even get to see the elusive Red Man Pictograph.
Then we hit the true Backcountry!
You will ride over mountain ranges, thru valleys, washes, and some wide-open spaces and drop down to the Glitter Mine. This is a working Gypsum Mine that only AJAT has a permit to take you to see. The area glistens and shines just like you discovered millions of crystals.
Back over the mountains with many twists, turns, exhilarating whooptie bumps and fantastic scenery to drop down to Little Black Mountain to take in hundreds of ancient petroglyphs.
Our adventure tour guides will cater to each driver and passenger to make this the best and safest Backcountry experience you can ever have.
- Beginner level riding (we love the first-time riders)- Great for Families
- Visit amazing Red Rock formations
- Experience the vast beauty of the Southern Utah Desert
- Learn history about the early settlers
- Explore the Southern Utah backcountry, different than anything else on earth
- Petroglyphs – you will love the Ancient Petroglyphs at Little Black Mountain left over an 8,000 year period by the Fremont, Anasazi, and Paiute Indians.
- Glitter Mountain – you get to explore the Gypsum Mine also known as Glitter Mountain, where you can gather some of your own crystals.
- Historical Fort – visit the historical remains of Fort Pearce which served to protect the pioneers during the Utah Black Hawk War.
- Dinosaur Tracks – explore Warner Valley Dinosaur tracks where you can compare the size of your shoe with a Eubrontes track possibly made by a Tyrannosaurus dinosaur.
- Backcountry off roading – On this adventure we will not stick to the roads but head out over mountains, thru valleys and washes to see the most amazing backcountry scenery in Southern Utah.
- We provide snacks and ice-cold water
There are a couple different ways you can enjoy a tour with us:
• Jeep-UTV (Utility Task Vehicle)- These are also referred to as a Side-X-Side. Our Jeep’s hold 4 people, one driver and three passengers. You can either drive yourselves following our adventure guide or for a bit more extreme adventure you can be driven by our adventure tour guide.
• ATV/Jeep-UTV (depending on your selection)
• Eye Protection
• Riding gloves
• Neck buff (each paying customer receives a free Neck Buff to keep)
• Ice cold water bottles
• Detailed training and instructions from our amazing guides
• All guest must wear long pants and closed toe shoes
• You’ll definitely want a camera
• We provide water but if you have other non-alcoholic beverages you’d like to bring we typically have cooler space for them.
• A jacket (unless it’s the middle of summer)
• Driver’s License and Credit card
All of our van tours start at our business location, directions will be provided. Depending on the schedule and group size we can pick you up from your hotel, please ask us about this.